Meet Our Small-But-Mighty Team
Sabine: Founder, Chief Growth & Creative Officer (Amsterdam area, Netherlands)
- Strategic thinking +++++ 100% 100%
- Conversion copywriting +++++ 100% 100%
- Values-based working ++++ 80% 80%
- Ice Skating – 10% 10%
Hey! I’m Sabine.
I head up Learning & Development at The Ethical Move — the social movement for ethical marketing & sales.
I mentor creatives & business leaders who want to work in line with their values.
I’ve been creating brand tone of voice guides & UX copy for big brands since 2012 — and conversion copy since 2018.
Service Delivery & New Business
Message Finding / Research & Discovery
German, Dutch > English transcreation & localisation
English, Dutch > German transcreation & localisation
Conversion optimisation consultancy — especially in complex B2B settings
15 years later, I started the global copy team at LEGO Customer Service. The tone of voice, copywriting and advisor training we created made LEGO customer service emails go viral — such as the one that went out to Luka Apps. Proof that customer service is a marketing function.
The best way to sell anything is by truly caring for the person you’re talking to.
Including cruise companies, online casinos, car companies involved in the emissions scandals… and British tabloids.
I was contributing to the climate catastrophe, xenophobia and inequality every day.
It was really during that time that I started to sense the urgency…
- If we want to make sustainability the norm, we need more sustainable communication.
- If we want people to take more responsibility, we need more responsible communication.
- If we want to break down the barriers that keep us from working together, we need communication that connects us.
That’s why I started From Scratch.
We need a culture change.
Copy is the best (perhaps even the only) way to achieve that.
Which means, we need to harness the best that the humanities have to offer — from design thinking and UX practices to ecolinguistics, from psychology to socio-political studies.
When you work with From Scratch you’ll get someone who genuinely cares and is invested in your brand.
You won’t just get words, you’ll come away with a better understanding of your own brand and competitors.”
— Ashley Baxter, Founder, With Jack
Holger: Chief Client Officer | Strategic Transformation (Amsterdam area, Netherlands)
- Strategic thinking +++++ 100% 100%
- Creative ideation +++++ 100% 100%
- Sales +++++ 95% 95%
- Phone calls with strangers – 45% 45%
Hi there, I’m Holger.
I worked in SaaS for more than 16 years, where my journey included Product Management, Strategic Partnerships, Customer Success and Strategic Sales Leadership. During that time, I helped some of the smartest brands to launch groundbreaking products, collaborate remotely, deliver world class content and increase their digital product design maturity.
Culture Change Companion
Sales, Commercial & Product Strategy
Future of work
In all the work we do, there’s often a point where the copy, the message finding or the brief ends…
…and our clients need deeper strategic work so they—and their message—can deliver their full potential.
So I look after our strategic clients and focus on the organisational transformation part of our mission.
In practice, my work is all about helping you to create better change management, communicational structures, organisational architecture and collaboration.
I am also:
- A herder of 3 cats and dad to 2 Spanish Greyhounds
- Passionate about sustainable mobility and a carbon-free human-centric economy
- An early adopter of electric motorcycles
Réka: Polyglot Multipotentialite, Passionate Earthling (Linz, Austria / Balatonlelle, Hungary)
- Thinking in systems +++++ 100% 100%
- Working with nature +++++ 100% 100%
- Painting birds +++++ 95% 95%
- Singing – 20% 20%
Hello, my name is Réka.
Feel free to connect on LinkedIn!
Being a multipassionate person, I’ve completed diverse studies from management to interpreting to permaculture.
Before starting my own business, I was employed in various sectors: banking, IT consulting, non-profit fundraising, manufacturing etc.
Now I use the knowledge I’ve acquired to make sure that everything runs smoothly behind the scenes, without losing sight of the big picture.
Being a team member at From Scratch allows me to align with my core value: working with nature (my own, the team’s, and the environment).
Alice: Client Experience Manager | Helping you feel right at home (Mainz, Germany)
- Organisation +++++ 100% 100%
- Communication +++++ 100% 100%
- Researching and finding creative solutions +++++ 95% 95%
- Keeping calm when seeing wombats – 20% 20%
Hi, I’m Alice …
… and communicating and organising are right up my alley.
First point of contact for prospects & clients
German content, copywriting & editing
English content, copywriting & editing
I’ve been working in the creative sector for more than 13 years now, always keen on finding solutions and creative ways to make things happen – no matter how small, big or impossible they might seem at first.
I have a passion for ethically sourced materials, the English language, wombats (big surprise), creating an atmosphere people can thrive in, learning and teaching.
And communicating in a way that makes people seen, heard and understood.
Because I firmly believe in language raising awareness and uniting us all.
I’m super excited to join the team and help create an impact as From Scratch’s new Client Experience Manager.
When I’m not scribbling timetables, researching and contacting project members, you’ll find me cooking, lino cutting or farming on my newly rented field.
Nadine: Word weaver with a heart made of fur and feathers (Koblenz, Germany)
- Poetic precision +++++ 100% 100%
- Spotting the essence of stories +++++ 100% 100%
- Fairy tale voice +++++ 95% 95%
- Drawing – 20% 20%
Ahoy! I‘m Nadine.
Mine is the protection of the creatures sharing planet Earth with us.
What is it that you are dedicated to?
Let us explore language — the magic key to our inner and the external worlds, a sparkling soul warmer, an instrument everyone can play to reflect and spread their message.
I am grateful to contribute my craft to the commitment of this enchanting agency and to your mission.
- 1995-2001: First steps in print and radio journalism
- 2007: M.A. in Comparative Literature and Polish Philology at Freie Universität and Humboldt-Universität, Berlin
- Since 2007: freelance writer, editor (focussed on literature and with deep insights in the e-learning, music, and fitness industries) and nomad (I ‘set up my tent’ in Czech Republic, Russia and France.)
- I am fluent in prose and singing.
Julia: Where Creative Meets Analytical
(Ayrshire, Scotland / Lisbon, Portugal)
- Perfectionism +++++ 100% 100%
- Argentine tango +++++ 100% 100%
- Day dreaming about having an animal sanctuary +++++ 95% 95%
- Ability to walk past the chocolate cupboard without ‘self-medicating’ – 20% 20%
Hi there, I’m Julia.
English copywriting & editing
Like Sabine, I’d spent years writing copy that wasn’t in line with my values. In fact, I was encouraging people to buy more things they didn’t even need.
These days I combine my creative copywriting and branding skills with an analytical approach to help sustainable brands flourish.
Kathi: Creative Treasury & Social Media Expert
- Social Media +++++ 100% 100%
- Canva design +++++ 100% 100%
- Recognising customer needs +++++ 98% 98%
- Orientation – 25% 25%
Hello! I’m Kathi.
I’m a freelance social media and marketing assistant.
What does that have to do with my current job? Lots, if you ask me. Only the media have changed a bit.
Therefore, last year I poured my overflowing energy into a further training course to become a social media manager at the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce…
I love giving people a voice and making a difference together.
I want to know what fascinates you, what you are passionate about, and I want to support you in getting your message to the people.
I believe that everyone has special talents that the world should know about.
Let’s bring your very special talent and my creativity together!
Laura: Green SEO Consultant & Copywriter
(Living the #VanLife, currently: Spain)
- Finding the best keywords +++++ 100% 100%
- Writing vivid and emotional copy +++++ 100% 100%
- Making great cakes +++++ 98% 98%
- Patience – 25% 25%
Hi, I’m Laura.
It includes training in insurance (yawn!), a bachelor’s degree in communications and a master’s degree that allowed me to see as much of the world as possible (best decision ever!).
When I had my first child in 2018, not only did my sleep schedule change, but also my perspective:
How do I want to spend my time?
How much do I actually want to work, and when and from where?
I took dozens of advanced training courses, gathered all my courage and started my own business as a green SEO copywriter.
Hello, values and freedom!
Adiós, 9 to 5 and that queasy gut feeling!
So today I align my work with my life, not the other way around.
By supporting people and teams that make this world a little better with SEO copy that helps them get found.
Sabrina: Purpose-driven brand language expert
- Copywriting +++++ 100% 100%
- Tone of Voice +++++ 100% 100%
- Conceptual thinking ++++ 98% 98%
- Relaxed driving – 30% 30%
Hello, I’m Sabrina.
We’re 100% focused on your people & your purpose
- Study the challenge & strategise
- Create a first draft
- Reality check with real people
- Adapt the first draft
- Two rounds of light edits
- Circulate the copy (or training)
- Harvest successes & lessons learned