This statement applies to content published on the domain: https://from-scratch.net
From Scratch Communications (”we”) is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
We take the following measures to ensure accessibility of our website:
- Include accessibility as part of our organisation’s values.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our internal and external practices.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our team members.
- Ensure content authors have accessibility knowledge and skills.
- Include people with disabilities in our design and development team.
- Include accessibility as a requirement for all web content. Newly created content must meet WCAG 2.1 AA and should meet AAA as feasible.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Usability test with participants with disabilities.
On our website you should be able to:
- zoom up to 200% without problems
- navigate all of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using a modern screen reader and speech recognition software
This website is designed to comply with the technical standard for websites and mobile apps, EN 301 549 v.3.2.1. This closely follows level ‘AA’ of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. The document defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The From Scratch Communications website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA.
Preparation of this statement
This statement was prepared on 23 January 2024.
The statement is based on a review of a representative sample of web pages by an experienced accessibility expert, using a combination of manual and automated testing.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of our website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
- Phone: +31(0)645820123
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We usually respond to accessibility feedback from email within 3-5 business days. Sometimes it can take up to 4 weeks.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Our website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The latest version of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari browsers
- in combination with the latest versions of JAWS and NVDA.
Accessibility of our website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the From Scratch Communications website, there may be some limitations. Here is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
- Videos: Videos on this website do not have audio description. This issue creates barriers for blind and visually impaired visitors to fully understand the content of our videos. We plan to fix this issue over the course of 2024.
- PDF Documents: Some PDFs available to download on this website might not be optimised for accessibility. We plan to fix this issue over the course of 2024.
An evaluation statement for the From Scratch Communications website is available upon request.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Head of Growth & Creative
From Scratch Communications
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 5 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the national authority, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
This statement was created on 16 October 2018 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.